Have you ever considered getting yourself the best air purifier in 2023? If you haven’t, then you surely will now. It’s one of those inventions that were never used to be contemplated as essential in our daily lives.
However, since the pandemic has become part of our reality, we’ve had to adapt to the new world in a pretty different one than we’re used to.
We’re entertaining ideas and technologies in our heads as well as intangible forms to cope with viruses such as covid-19.
Innovative devices like a book sanitizer in a library in Japan or hands-free door openers are all part of it. An air purifier is one of the inventions that may not have been as popular in the pre-pandemic world but is undoubtedly a hit in the market now.
Tech companies are striving to form the best air purifiers the industry has ever seen, each bringing in new and advanced technology along with outstanding quality to keep up with its competitors. Here, we have gathered some of the ten best air purifiers popular in the market now.
We’ve tested a lot of different air purifiers over the years, and the Rabbit Air MinusA2 consistently comes out on top. In our most recent tests, we found that it was extremely effective at removing smoke from a room, even when the conditions were quite extreme.
We also found that it did an excellent job of removing food odors and other funky smells. In terms of other features, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is very well-rounded.
It’s attractive and easy to use, and it comes with a lot of handy features like a remote control and a filter replacement indicator. It operates very quietly, so you won’t even notice it’s there.
We put air purifiers to the test in our own homes, checking how each performed in a range of conditions. We looked at the features on offer, monitored the air quality and looked at the actual particle capture rate.
We also considered the air cycling rate and the explanations presented by the companies.
We compared these results with other competing products on the market to see which ones came out on top. Our findings showed that the products we tested were primarily considered to be effective at reducing air pollution.
While we did find some differences between the products, we believe that all of them would be suitable for most people’s needs.
Overall, we were impressed with the performance of the air purifiers we tested and would recommend them to anyone looking to improve their indoor air quality.
List of 10 Best Air Purifiers in 2023
We’ve evaluated dozens of the best air purifiers on the market, reviewing them for effectiveness, ease of use, and value. We also maintain an up-to-date list of the models we recommend.
As air purifier experts, we test each unit in our state-of-the-art lab, assessing how well it removes common pollutants like dust, smoke, and pollen from the air. We also take into account user feedback to see how easy a purifier is to set up and operate.
Based on our findings, we select the models that offer the best combination of performance and value. If you’re looking for an air purifier that will help you breathe easier, be sure to check out our top picks.
1.Rabbit Air MinusA2 – Overall Best Air Purifier in 2023
Rabbit Air MinusA2 is a fantastic air purifier for removing pollutants such as allergens, bacteria, and smoke that can cause respiratory problems. The 5-stage mechanical filters last an extra year longer than other brands because they use over 12 hours a day.
Airborne particles in your home are classified into three categories: fibers, mold spores, and dust. These pollutants or volatile organic compounds came from the external environment or are generated inside due to a lack of ventilation. Other than pollen, an airborne particle, combustible air pollutants like vehicle exhausts create pollution.
- Product dimensions are 7 x 21.4 x 20.25 inches
- Its weight is 19.4 pounds
- It has 1 Lithium Metal batteries
- Has a coverage area of around 815 sq. ft.
- Connected to the wifi easily
- Has an Energy Star certified motor
- Adaptable with a light sensor
- Reasonably quiet, even at full speed.
- Impressive HEPA filter with an optional ionizer
- It can be easily washed and has a permanent filter
- Has a remote controller with five levels of adjustable fan speed
- Different variety of front panel design options
- Offers Wi-Fi variant as well
- Takes in a narrow amount of air and gives off a low amount of air as well
- Slightly costly
Air purification systems like this one are no exception. The system comprises six stages:
A pre-filter for larger particles and filters in the medium to the acceptable range with different bioGS HEPA filtration capabilities that capture tiny particles or customized filters designed solely for gas removal.
The mesh pre-filter traps more significant pollutants before it reaches the filter. The medium filter removes particulate pollutants and protects the HEPA.
The BioGS HEPA filter traps pollutants and prevents any microorganisms from growing inside. The HEPA filter removes most of the contaminants, but various filters remove specific pollutants.
The Germ Defense Filter traps airborne germs like colds or influenza from your office space while the Toxin Absorber captures VOCs to make sure that even if they’re not visible to the naked eye – harmful chemicals remain; in check!
Our last filter is a negative ion generator, producing odorless and invisible molecules to boost the particle filtration rate.
After using it for a long time, I personally recommend this air fryer because Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the best air purifier for allergies and asthma.
In my opinion, it’s the most significant advancement in air purifiers thus far. Especially if you have pets, this is a great choice for you!
There are three Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier models, all with the same weight and dimensions. The Rabbit Air MinusA2 weighs 19.4 pounds and is 20 inches in height by 21.4 inches wide by 7 inches in depth.
One of the features we liked about our new air purifier is that it has a sleek design. The controls are on the right side, with one LED bar at the center indicates when your unit is ON or OFF. We did not like how much force had to be applied to use it.
Another feature we appreciated was Rabbit Air’s artist series; different artists such as Van Gogh and Claude Monet have their art incorporated into each device.
The great thing about the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is that it will clean your air four times an hour at its highest setting.
As a result, you can use this cleaner anywhere in your home to keep up with your needs and protect any member of the family who suffers from asthma or allergies. I highly recommend running it 24/7!
If you want to use a personal air purifier, you can check this article for your own air cleaning machine.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the world’s first intelligent air purifier with a built-in health sensor to detect particles and odors.
The purifier keeps you updated about all its actions, including fan speed adjustments along with red and blue colored indications for good and bad air quality.
If it detects high levels of bad smells, you’ll be alerted via the app to prepare you for the purifying particles it’ll emit –so no more guessing games!
In addition, this clever device switches over into sleep mode when there’s a slight motion detected after 10 minutes.
If you are searching for a quiet purifier, look no further. The air purifier’s filtration system and size make it seem like the noise would be unbearable when in operation, but this model manages to stay at an acceptable level of 25 dB(A) on low fan settings with up to 51dB (A).
It has a light sensor function that dims lights depending on the amount of light coming into your room.
To find the best air purifier, we’ve tested, we measure, we weigh the value, and we compare specs. We also take into consideration the chemical smell, how fresh it smells, and if there’s a night light.
The GermGuardian Pluggable Air Purifier is our top pick because it does an excellent job of cleansing the air and eliminates odors effectively.
It also has a soft white noise that’s perfect for bedrooms and offices, and it comes with a night light.
However, we will say that some people may not like the chemical smell that comes with this purifier.
Nonetheless, we think it’s worth the price and would recommend it to anyone in need of an air purifier.
Read More: Best Air Purifier under 1000 Square Feet
2. LEVOIT LV-PUR131S – Smart Wi-Fi Air Purifier
Levoit came up with some of the best air purifiers in the long line of competitors, waiting to grab the first position on your amazon wish list.
Levoit LV-PUR131S is one of them, its simple, this purifier has it all. The looks, the strength, and even an exceptional backup of a true HEPA filter that won’t ever betray your trust!
- Product dimensions are 58 x 1.81 x 11.61 inches
- Weight is 54 pounds
- Have Fine Preliminary / True HEPA Filter^Activated Carbon Filter
- No batteries required
- One year warranty
- Has a three-stage filtration system
- The Levoit LV-PUR131S can be considered mediocre for its standard size
- It has a true HEPA filter which clears 99.97% of combustible and contaminated particles like pollen and viruses.
- It also has an activated carbon filter which is great for people who have bad smelling homes
- The ACH for the Levoit LV-PUR131S is 2X, limiting its coverage to smaller room size
- The noise level for the Levoit LV-PUR131S is higher than the dead-silence of a library and lower than a whisper in an exam center
- It is not suitable for people who want to use it in a larger room
If we talk about its design compared to its competitors, Levoit LV-PUR131S takes the cakes with its defined appearance.
It is manufactured with a near-float top panel, it may seem a little obvious, but it wouldn’t be wise to take upon such a feature as it becomes a hindrance more than assistance along the purifying process.
However, its basic design does have a lot of benefits. It has plenty of space to fit in a giant air filter which will provide better air filtration for your home.
The appliance is 7 inches in depth and 18 inches in height, making it quite slim to fit in any place you want.
To make it as pleasant to look at as possible, the intake air grill is built under the front panel, with the air vent is placed on top of the air purifier. Here, you will also find controls and an LCD to show you the current air quality.
The Levoit LV-PUR131S can be considered mediocre for its standard size. With 11lbs of weight along with its relatively small size, the purifier covers a pretty short space than your average air purifiers like Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 and Honeywell HPA300.
Filters and their filtration process are the first things you check when you’re searching for a decent air purifier. Like any other true HEPA filter possessed air purifier, this one also has the same components:
- Pre-filter: This preparatory filter is used to clear the air of any large particles such as dust, pet hair, and fungi floating in the air. To clean it, vacuuming will be the only process.
- True HEPA filter: Thoroughly clears 99.97% of combustible and contaminated particles like pollen and viruses etc.
- Activated carbon filter: If you own an act or have a frequently bad-smelling home, this feature will change your “air” forever. We could not smell a single trace of food or pet smells in the air within a single.
There are multiple variations of the true HEPA filter in an air purifier. To prove the best true HEPA filter containing air purifiers, I compared the 3 top air purifiers in the market ( WINIX 5500-2, Honeywell HPA300, and Levoit LV-PUR131).
Like every other time, Honeywell HPA300 came out to be the best of the 3 with the capacity to filter 99.95% of particles as small as 0.3 microns.
The air purifier covers 322 square feet, which is quite comfortable for an average American household. However, the air changes per hour rate, also called ACH, is 2X, limiting its coverage to smaller room size.
If you’re someone who wants to purchase an air purifier for a larger room, you might want to consider other options as well.
The CADR (clean air delivery rate) is 101 Dust/ 106 Smoke/ 131 Pollen (cfm); at this rate, the air purifier would need 1 hour to purify the air of a 300 sq ft of room.
Compared to the affordable budget of Winix 5500-2, this detail might not be as appealing for the Levoit LV-PUR131.
Levoit LV-PUR131 has options of 3 fan speeds to use with the same 36 decibels. This kind of noise level is higher than the dead-silence of a library and lower than a whisper in an exam center.
We’ve looked at a lot of air purifiers in our time, and we have to say that the LEVOIT LV-PUR 131S is one of the best we’ve come across.
It’s easy to set up, and the auto feature is really handy – it kicks in when it detects smoke in the room, and significantly reduces the amount of dust in the air.
It works pretty fast on high, too, so we noticed a dramatic difference in the air quality within minutes.
We were also really impressed with how well it coped with bad seasonal allergies – we normally suffer from awful hay fever, but we didn’t have any problems at all when we used this purifier.
Overall, we were really impressed with the LEVOIT LV-PUR 131S and we would definitely recommend it to anyone who’s looking for an air purifier that really makes a difference.
Read More: Best Air Purifier for Classroom
Related Post: Best Ozone Free Air Purifier
3. Hathaspace HSP002 – Best Air Filter for Home
If you’ve been browsing through the internet for hours to find the perfect air purifier to take control of all the bad smells and allergens, Hathaspace HSP002 is here to serve.
The compliance has an exceptionally sleek body that will give you all you need for an instant fresh and clear air. For specifications:
- Product dimensions are 9 x 16.5 x 27 inches
- Weight is8 Pounds
- Has a touch control method
- Give 1500+ Square Feet Coverage
- Has a 5-year warranty
- No batteries required
- Easiest pre-wash filter
- Has a medical-grade HEPA composite filter
- The primary filter is H13 HEPA which is the central particle filter.
- It offers a permanent service with washable features.
- Control panels give way for easy accessibility with a glossy white design.
- Has a built-in laser that quickly detects particles in the air.
- It has a colored and numeric AQI display that provides easy access to everything.
- It isn’t intelligent with wifi or app-enabled.
- The CADR detail isn’t AHAM verified.
The Hathaspace HSP002 has a comprehensive air filtration system that will undoubtedly give you a run for its money. It has five stages which include:
- It has a pre-washable filter that filters out large particles present in the air, such as pet hair, lint, etc.
- It has a 4-in-1 filter where the 1st layer is the polypropylene pre-filter. This is made up of a thermoplastic polymer that comparatively filters out smaller particles than the pre-filter. It traps particles like pollen or dirt, clearing out the pathway for the primary filter to give out clean air.
- Next up, we have the primary filter called the HP13 HEPA filter that traps 99.93% particles that are relatively as small as the size of 0.3 microns. It includes everything, including bacteria, viruses, mold, etc. The filter has a lot of functions where it eliminates the air of any odors or smokes and improves the poor indoor air quality.
- Then there’s the cold catalyst filter that sucks up all the VOCs and formaldehyde.
The sleek and comfortable design is manufactured, keeping the convenience and satisfaction of the customers in mind.
The filter takes in unfiltered air through its filtration system and gives out clean air through its back upward. Due to the suitable position of the filter, the air purifier can be placed anywhere in the house.
The appliance weighs 20 pounds and has the exact dimensions of 16.5″ L by 9″ W by 27″ H with a wide surface to provide a stable placement.
Right at the top, the appliance has a touch screen display with six control options: auto, sleep, light, speed, timer, and max. It even has a display that keeps you updated about the air quality scores given off by the machine.
Despite the three functioning fan speeds, the lowest fan working at 30 dB and the highest at 60 dB. This may seem like a lot of differences are similar to like sleeping in a baby’s room. Even if it runs throughout the night, the appliance won’t affect your sleep.
The best feature is its ability to cover at least 400 sq ft of a room with a CADR of 450 m3h or 265 cfm. Get yourself the freshest air possible without worrying about its depth; it’ll handle it all for you!
In our testing, we’ve looked at a lot of different air purifiers and the Hathaspace HSP002 is one that we recommend.
When we used it, we noticed a difference in the air quality immediately – it’s really effective at getting rid of smoke and other smells.
And during allergy season, we’ve definitely noticed that we don’t sneeze as much and our eyes don’t water as much. It’s easy to use too – you just need to set it up once and then it runs daily from morning to evening.
So if you’re looking for an air purifier that will make a difference, we recommend checking out the Hathaspace HSP002.
Read More: Best Plug in Air Purifier
4. Levoit Core 400S – Best Hepa Air Purifier
Levoit is, here again, to impress you all with its stunningly designed air purifier.
The machine provides you with the best features and has an intelligent app controlling system that will quickly win you over its easy accessibility. Moving on towards the specifications:
- Product dimensions are 10.79 x 10.79 x 20.47 inches
- Weight is 11 Pounds
- Has voice control method
- No assembling is required at all
- No batteries required
- Customer support is too good
- Has a stable 2.4GHz wifi network
- Has color-coded PM 2.5 display
- Has fully ozone free 3-Stage Filtration system
- The design is sleek and cylindrical, making it more appealing than other air purifiers on the market.
- It weighs only 11 pounds and is 10.8 by 20.5 inches in dimensions, making it easy to carry around.
- The 360-degree air outlet at the top ensures that the whole area is covered.
- The smart app controlling feature allows you to remotely control the unit and get a progress sheet of the air quality history.
- he three-stage filtration system – pre-filter, H13 HEPA filter, and carbon filter – ensures that all bacteria and viruses are removed.
- The quiet auto mode doesn’t engage in any turbo speed, while the efficient auto mode uses this and much more.
- The dust sensor located at the back of the appliance detects all dust particles around you.
- Some users have complained that the unit is loud, even on the lowest setting.
- The unit is also said to be difficult to clean.
Its glossy finishing is the first thing you’d notice once you get your hands on it. The cylindrical design makes it much more appealing to look at than any other air purifier in the market.
With 11 pounds of weight and 10.8 by 20.5 inches dimensions, the appliance can be carried out very quickly.
It sucks in unfiltered air through the bottom and has a 360-degree air outlet positioned at the top to cover the whole area.
Similar to other air purifier capabilities, its smart app controlling feature sets it apart from the others.
It’s a deal-breaker you won’t see coming; the appliance can control by connecting it to your 2.4GHz wifi network and give it instructions through a remote-controlled through the VeSync app.
You can get a whole progress sheet for the air purifier with the air quality history and setting timers that suit your schedule.
The VeSync App makes it easier to maneuver the appliance as it gives you easy access to the Amazon Alexa and googles assistant. You can take control of the unit by just using voice commands.
The air purifier has 3 stage filter system to provide you with the best filtration quality possible.
Like any other air filter, the Levoit Core 400S has a pre-filter, H13 HEPA filter which is the primary filter that clears out significant bacteria and viruses.
Lastly, there’s the carbon filter to absorb all the fumes and odors harmful to your health. This way, you can sit and relax with the fresh filtered air present around you.
Levoit Core 400S has a dust sensor located at the back of the appliance, detecting all the dust particles around you. It consists of two auto modes which include Quiet Auto Mode and Efficient Auto Mode.
The quiet auto mode doesn’t engage in any turbo speed, while efficient auto mode uses this and much more. It helps more in removing smells as it doesn’t have any gas or VOC.
5. Alen BreatheSmart 75i – Best Home Air Purifier
Alen BreatheSmart 75i is what anyone would call a first-class air purifier with a purely technical design is to die for! Once you get to know about its unique features, you’ll be sold for a very long time.
Driving yourself into its new air-filtering trap, the Alen Breathsmart 75i is everybody’s dream of a convenient air purifier to get you a good night’s sleep and a clear start to your day.
- Product dimensions are 12 x 19 x 27 inches
- Weight is75 Pounds
- The power source is 120V
- Have five air quality colors
- Has B7-PURE FILTER that eliminates allergic particles
- Best in cleansing 1300 SqFt area every thirty minutes
- Has fifteen months air filter life
- No batteries required
- The Alen BreatheSmart 75i has a great design that makes it look more authentic.
- It provides 14 different color options to choose from.
- It has a robust metal body that makes it look more premium.
- The giant air filter present behind the front panel is very efficient in cleaning the air.
- The Alen BreatheSmart 75i has a 3-stage air cleaning system that is very effective in removing pollutants from the air.
- It even has new plastic filter frames and an ionizer to increase its efficiency for the better.
- The BreatheSmart 75i is relatively quiet compared to other purifiers, so it won’t disrupt your daily activities.
- The Alen BreatheSmart 75i is a bit expensive compared to other purifiers in the market.
- It is not as portable as other purifiers since it is quite big and bulky.
- The replacement filters for the Alen BreatheSmart 75i can be quite costly.
With a height that is 27 inches long, the air purifier looks more authentic to the naked eye. It doesn’t help that the appliance provides 14 different color options that, if chosen correctly, would increase its beauty tenfold.Â This is also due to the robust metal used in its manufacturing.
It has a giant air filter present behind the front panel, unlike other devices that consist of advanced 360-degree air intake filters.
The Alen BreatheSmart 75i air purifier commits to the pretty conventional 3-stage air cleaning system. With a pre-filter to trap all the large particles and a true HEPA filter, this is all the device needs to make it a brand of success.
It even has new plastic filter frames and an ionizer to increase its efficiency for the better.
Allen Breathesmart may not be as expensive, but it has the area coverage to make up for it. With a 1300 sq ft, the device would be an unstoppable force to cover even an area of 322 sq ft at the lowest speed.
If you’re looking for an air purifier that will do a great job of cleaning the air in your home, we recommend the Alen BreatheSmart 75i.
We were really impressed with this purifier when we used it in our testing, and we found that it made a significant improvement in the air quality in our home.
The BreatheSmart 75i features an auto function that adjusts the speed of the purifier based on the levels of pollution in the air, and we found that it did a great job of removing household odors, smoke, and other airborne contaminants.
Best of all, the BreatheSmart 75i is relatively quiet compared to other purifiers we’ve looked at, so it won’t disrupt your daily activities.
If you’re concerned about the air quality in your home, we think the Alen BreatheSmart 75i is a great option.
6. Medify MA-40 v2.0 – Best Air Filter
Medify MA-40 v2.0 is the third-highest coverage-based air purifier in the vertical air purifier line up of MA-112 and MA-50 models.
The device offers a lot more than just an impressive coverage number; it has a top-notch filtration system with a 3-in-1 filter along with an ionizer to boost the filters. Features include:
- Product dimensions are 5 x 11 x 26 inches
- Weight is 15 Pounds
- Has a corded electric power source
- Smart touch control system
- Has a capacity of cleansing large spaces up to 1,600 square feet in one hour
- It has a HEPA H13 filtration system
- Runs at 110 Volts power and is extremely quiet
- No batteries are required and have a lifetime warranty on parts
- The Medify MA-40 v2.0 has a top-notch filtration system with a 3-in-1 filter along with an ionizer to boost the filters.
- The appliance consists of an H13-grade HEPA filter, which is the core particle filtration. It has the best removal efficiency of 99.95% at 0.12 – 0.25 microns (MPPS).
- The MA-40 v2.0 also features a PM2.5 laser sensor that automatically adjusts the speed of the fan to deal with different levels of pollution.
- It’s a great choice for people with allergies or breathing issues, as it can remove 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- The MA-40 v2.0 is also effective at dealing with thick cooking smells, so it’s a good choice for people who have kitchen appliances that produce a lot of steam.
- In our testing, we found that it was able to clean the air in a large living room within 20 minutes.
- The Medify MA-40 v2.0 is a bit noisy with 46 decibels from its lowest fan and 66 dB from its highest.
- The purifier is a little pricey compared to other options on the market.
Modify MA-40 has such an aesthetic-looking design that the second your eyes land on it, you’ll be a goner. It is made up of a plastic material that has a sleek finishing bringing attention to its surface.
The large air outlet is positioned in the front of the panel, while the air intake filter is present at the back.
The appliance consists of an H13-grade HEPA filter, which is the core particle filtration. It has the best removal efficiency of 99.95% at 0.12 – 0.25 microns (MPPS).
This helps in taking all the dust particles and all the harmful chemicals that might have wandered in the air.
The Modify MA-40 v2.0 has a CADR rate of 380 cubic meters per hour (m3/h) or 224 cubic feet per minute (cfm), where you’ll be conveniently serviced with two changes in the air in a room of 840 sq feet and 5 in a room of 336 sq feet.
It depends on the amount of filth present in the air; the more the pollution, the better it is to change the air.
The purifier has 46 decibels from its lowest fan and 66 dB from its highest. It’s a little higher than your average air filter; however, if you still can’t relate, then take an example of a vacuum. A vacuum cleaner has a 70 dB level of noise.
We’ve looked at a lot of air purifiers and the MA-40 v2.0 is one of the best we’ve come across. It’s a great choice for people with allergies or breathing issues, as it can remove 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
The MA-40 v2.0 also features a PM2.5 laser sensor that automatically adjusts the speed of the fan to deal with different levels of pollution.
We recommend it for people who suffer from sinus issues or runny noses, as it can make a big difference to the quality of the air in your home.
The MA-40 v2.0 is also effective at dealing with thick cooking smells, so it’s a good choice for people who have kitchen appliances that produce a lot of steam.
In our testing, we found that it was able to clean the air in a large living room within 20 minutes, and it was also effective at dealing with pet hair and dander from cats and dogs.
Overall, we were very impressed with the MA-40 v2.0 and we think It’s a great choice for people who want to improve the air quality in their
7. Coway AIRMEGA 400S – Best Air Purifier for Smoke
There is possibly one-way coway has triumphed over Samsung, with its impressive lineup of air purifiers.
This is where coway Airmega comes into play; coway has developed something new from years of experience and research. The device isn’t as perfect as the others in the industry, but it does get the job done. Moving on to the features:
- Product dimensions are 8 x 22.91 x 14.8 inches
- Weight is 24.7 Pounds
- Has corded electric power source
- The coverage area is almost 1560 square feet
- The noise level is almost zero
- Has colored LED rings to show the air quality
- Consumes 64watts energy only
- Has a one year warranty
- No assembling and batteries required
- It’s easy to set up
- Has mid-level pricing
- Captures an unprecedented amount of air pollutants
- In our testing, we found that it captured a good portion of the dust in our living room, dining room, and kitchen.
- It also did a great job of reducing allergens and other irritants, making it an ideal choice for people with asthma or allergies.
- And because It’s so efficient, we believe it will also be a good choice for people with small children or pets.
- Due to its weight of 24.7 lbs, the device is pretty hard to move from one place to another.
- Filter replacement gives off high cost
Coway has aimed for something big and different with this modern air purifier. Its official size is 22.8 inches in height and 14.8 in-depth and width.
Due to its weight of 24.7 lbs, the device is pretty hard to move from one place to another.
Since having more filters, makes it challenging to change the filters to and from the air purifier, AIRMEGA 400S doesn’t have it with its innovative yet distinct design.
The device is manufactured so that it has an all-in-one filter for easier installation of everything.
It has the same old pre-filter that is washable and powerful enough to take out large particles along with a max2 filter that is an explosive combination of the activated carbon filter and the true HEPA filter.
This way, it removes 99.97% of germs and bacteria from the air and can take out all the explosive compounds from the air.
This purifier gives up to 1560 sq feet of room coverage. Its ACH rate is 2X to 4X, which comes head to head with the Rabbit Air MinusA2. Even though CADR isn’t mentioned in the manual, it’s found to be around 340 Dust/ 350 Smoke/ 400 Pollen (cfm) after many reviews.
Here is its winning quality! Coway won’t disappoint with its quiet maneuvering machines. AIRMEGA 400S is among the most favorites of them all.
Its noise ranges from 22 lbs to a maximum of 52 dB, keeping it reasonably quiet throughout the filtration process.
It’s easy to set up, has mid-level pricing, and captures an unprecedented amount of air pollutants. In our testing, we found that it captured a good portion of the dust in our living room, dining room, and kitchen.
It also did a great job of reducing allergens and other irritants, making it an ideal choice for people with asthma or allergies. And because it’s so efficient, we believe it will also be a good choice for people with small children or pets.
However, we do want to caution that this purifier is not for everyone. If you have very severe allergies or asthma, we recommend that you consult with your doctor before purchasing this product.
But if you’re looking for a high-quality air purifier that can make a noticeable difference in your indoor air quality, we believe the Coway AIRMEGA 400S is an excellent choice.
8. IQAir GC MultiGas – Best Room Air Purifier
There’s no sense in searching for the right air purifier; IQAir GC MultiGas will undoubtedly give you this and more. Its excellent performance is what’ll keep you coming back for more.
Let’s dive right into the beauty that is the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier.
- Product dimensions are 16 x 15 x 28 inches
- Weight is 29 Pounds
- Has a corded electric power source
- It has a remote-control method
- Considered # 1 product with proven medical-grade air filtration
- Coverage area is up to 1,125 squareÂ feet
- Has a triple seal air technology that blocks air leakage
- Has a color-coded LED lights
- Very quiet and stylish
- The Swiss-made IQAir GC MultiGas is a high quality, effective room air purifier with excellent performance.
- Its 4-filter system includes a true HEPA filter, a carbon filter, and a cartridge-based chemisorption filter, making it very effective at removing airborne contaminants.
- The IQAir GC MultiGas has a room coverage of 1125 sq feet and an ACH rating of 5X, making it suitable for larger rooms.
- Its CADR rating of 776 cfm is also very impressive.
- The IQAir GC MultiGas is relatively quiet, with a noise level of only 25 dB on the lowest setting.
- It is easy to set up and use.
- The IQAir GC MultiGas is one of the more expensive room air purifiers on the market.
- Some users have found that the IQAir GC MultiGas produces a slight ozone smell when first turned on.
The air purifier has quite the resemblance with its sibling IQAir HealthPro plus and has always given its all to quality and maneuvering.
The device is manufactured in swiss which proves its advanced structure along with its exceptional design. It is made up of stainless steel with air-flowing filtration from bottom to top.
The device consists of 4 air filters that make it a powerful choice in the long list of air purifiers. These include a hyper HEPA filter which is similar to a true HEPA filter, a Cartridge-based carbon filter that filters out all the explosive compounds.
Cartridge-based chemisorptions which is a filter that takes one for all by removing toxic chemicals from your precious air, and lastly, the post-filter-sleeve that keeps all the media dust from releasing into the air.
For a premium quality air purifier such as the IQAir GC MultiGas, Its room coverage is a little closer to 1125 sq feet. As the device comes with a high fan power, the ACH rating of 5X is incredible for its performance.
The CADR is 776 cfm which is another impressive detail to write in the books.
The IQAir GC MultiGas uses an aerodynamics fan structure with eight shock-absorbing quality details that make the sound that many minutes.
It has the option of 6 fan speeds that work only for 25 dB around the lowest setting.
If you or someone in your family is constantly sneezing, has a sensitive immune system, or gets sinus infections or respiratory infections often, an IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier may be a good option for you.
In our testing, we found that it did an excellent job of removing flying particles, fumes, and odors from the air.
We also liked that it was easy to set up and use. However, it is on the expensive side. After research and considering all the features, we recommend the IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier for people who are looking for an effective way to improve their indoor air quality.
9. Austin Air HealthMate – Best Air Purifier for Dust
Austin Air HealthMate has been praised for years for its high-quality performance and fantastic design.
It’s famous all over America and was also given the title of “America’s Favorite Air Cleaner,” which is more than most of them get. It’s time to see whether it’s worth all the hype given to it for years; this can be seen through the specs it has to offer.
- Product dimensions are 5 x 14.5 x 23 inches
- Weight is 15 Pounds
- This product is certified frustration-free
- Has a five years warranty
- No batteries required
- Covers almost 1500 feet floor area
- Austin Air HealthMate has a sturdy and robust design.
- It has a 4-staged filtration system that is very effective.The ACH ratings are 2X to 4X, which means the device can clear out the air four times in one hour.
- The CADR ratings come out to be 400 cfm, proving that Austin Air HealthMate cleans up a room pretty quickly.
- It has a 360-degree air intake filter that efficiently clears through the entire space.
- The device comes with a 15 lbs activated carbon filter.
- The noise level might not be ideal for some people.
- The device is quite expensive.
- The replacement filters can also be quite costly.
Austin Air HealthMate has the conventional design that has been used for all the air purifiers before it. It is built with a mixture of plastic and metal that gives way to the sturdy and robust appearance of the device.
The structure consists of a felt gasket that binds the filter chamber together to provide maximum filtration performance. It is 23 inches in height and 14.5 inches in width, with a 360-degree air intake filter that efficiently clears through the entire space.
It has a 4-staged filtration system that consists of the traditional pre-filter, medium pre-filter that removes medium to small particles like dust and pollen from the environment.
It has a 15 lbs activated carbon filter that clears it out of all combustible particles along with a true HEPA filter that like any another HEPA filter cleans 99.97% of the particles from the air that much smaller than 0.3 microns.
It can filter out the air of a room with 1500 sq feet measurements. The ACH ratings are 2X to 4X, which means the device can clear out the air four times in one hour. CADR ratings come out to be 400 cfm, proving that Austin Air HealthMate cleans up a room pretty quickly.
Even though the fan power is very intense, which means you can relax in clean air for a long time, however, it does have a limitation of being very noisy. This might not turn out to be what you want in an air purifier.
10.Dyson Pure Cool TP04 – Top Rated Air Purifier
Dyson has introduced a 40-inch-tall air purifier that has the incredible power to clear out the contaminated air in a pretty short time.
It is manufactured, keeping all the innovative ideas in mind. Let’s get a clearer picture of this through its features:
- Product dimensions are 77 x 8.77 x 41.49 inches
- Weight is 10.89 Pounds
- Has a corded electric power source
- Has an app control method to operate
- Has a 360° filtration system
- This product is Energy Star Certified
- Senses and reacts to the minor changes in air quality
- Has 2 Milliliters volume
- No batteries required
- It has convenient wireless control
- Has an all in 1 capacity that includes an air purifier, fan, and air quality.
- The true HEPA filter is the significant filter present
- Modern design with many features
- Low CADR rating
- Doesn’t have a washable pre-filter
It is manufactured with a distinct bladeless structural design with air delivery technology called an air multiplier. It is aerodynamically designed to create a loop amplifier that would release air into its airflow.
This way, it provides 15 times more air delivery than any other filter. It also produces up to 77 gallons of air per second at such an incredible speed.
Dyson Pure Cool TP04 takes its filtration much more seriously than we thought. It has the true HEPA filter as its primary filter, the activated carbon filter is the second one, and the air multiplier is its other filter.
This helps forms a unique filtration process that gives it all to provide you the best fresh air possible.
It has a room coverage of 320 sq feet where it changes the air one time per hour. Other than this, it can also cover 150 sq feet of the room where it’ll change the air three times in one hour.
Buying Guide: Best Air Purifier in 2023
We should consider many things before buying an air purifier, as your lungs depend on it. The following list all the features we should ponder upon while shopping for an air purifier.
1.Types of filters:
- Pre-filter: You can consider it as a warm-up filter that clears the path for the smaller and more minute particles by removing all the large particles like pet hair and lint from the environment.
- Authentic HEPA: Now, the central filter called the High-Efficiency Particulate Air makes way for more unmistakable air by taking out all the allergens like pollen and mold spores, etc. As is mentioned in many of the reviews above, it filters out 99.9% of the particles from the environment.
- Activated carbon filter: Filters out all combustible particles, including toxic chemicals and viruses.
These are all the basic filters present in any air purifier.
2.Air Change Rate of an Air Purifier
The ACH indicates how many times the purifier filters out and changes the air in one hour. It’s important to note this rate to judge the quality of the air purifier.
CADR is the measurement of the delivery of filtered air at its maximum speed. It’s is not only for the airflow but for the removal of the particles. It helps you understand how much efficient the appliance is.
Always know the size of your room when choosing an air purifier. Rooms with larger space need more giant air purifiers to cover all the area thoroughly. This way, you can buy an air purifier that has the operating capacity of working in 20 to 40% more space than the size of your room for maximum performance.
Always choose an air purifier that has a long-time warranty since it’s a significant investment you don’t want to risk over anything.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best air purifier for your house?
A true HEPA filter is what will create the best air purification in your home. Anything less- there’s a possibility of airborne irritants entering the space, which can cause any number of symptoms or health problems.
Furthermore, it doesn’t require constant cleanings – so if you want something that requires very little upkeep and has a lifespan of 10+ years, then an air purifier with a HEPA filter would be ideal for your abode.
Are there any air purifiers that work?
The only three types of air purifiers that work are HEPA, Active Carbon, and UV.
HEPA filters use microscopic bits to filter the air by trapping floating particles so you can breathe cleaner air. Air is forced through a dense matrix or wire mesh where dirt and dust accumulate and are removed at the end of each pass.
Active carbon filters replace disposable filter materials with activated charcoal particles, adsorb odors, gases, bacteria, or other harmful pollutants. This media does not wear out like traditional paper filters – it will last for 1-2 years indoors before needing replacement.
UV light penetrates deep into the outer layers of skin cells (stratum corneum), causing reactive oxygen species to be formed more readily from your molecules.
Why are air purifiers harmful to you?
Air purifiers are harmful to you because they use chemicals and minerals to achieve effectiveness. These harsh substances will leave a hardened film on the heating coils, so smoke inside an air purifier is not recommended.
They also don’t factor in visual appearance or ergonomics, which could be inconvenient when there is barely any space left in your home.
Do ionizers kill viruses?
Ionizers can help kill viruses because the ionizer will create negative ions that penetrate deep into your respiratory system and neutralize positively charged particles in the air, so when you breathe it in, your body can better fight off infections.
Also, our indoor hand-wipe products have been shown to kill most common bacteria, including E. Coli and MRSA – many of which are resistant to antibiotics.
Are air purifiers a waste of money?
It all depends on the quality of air where you live. Some people swear by them; others don’t see a difference according to consumer reports.
There are indeed a lot of factors affecting the air in your home, so it may not be possible to tell if an air purifier is doing anything for you.
On the other hand, some types of purifiers use electrostatic force fields or extremely low frequencies to form a thin pocket of cleaner air surrounding your bed and desk – making it easier (and faster) for the icky stuff in the atmosphere to settle down and decay without being absorbed into your body by breathing through your mouth or nose deficient membranes.
Final Verdict: What is the best air purifier on the market?
Air purifiers provide a better quality of life in many ways than one. They help with your allergies, reduce the risk of bad headaches, sneeze, eye infections, and cough by ridding the air of dust and airborne infections, and seasonal pollens.
You can cover your asthma disease by controlling the air you breathe in. Catching any pet hair in the air that is bound to end up on your clothes and keeping your child safe and healthy in pollution-free air should be your priority. It is a win-win situation.
We have provided you with the best quality air filters for every need. Hoping this helped you understand what you’re looking for. Go ahead and buy yours now!