What is the best air purifier for large rooms? Air purifiers can clean both small and large rooms smoothly. You cannot randomly select and buy air purifiers, can you?
There are several factors to consider. Let’s dive deep into the different purifiers and pick the best one.
A Quick Overview
A large room air purifier is most suitable for filtering air from bedrooms, living spaces, and office halls. Usually, the best air purifiers have the following:
- HEPA filtration technology
- 3 filtration stages
- Large area coverage
- Different modes of Cleaning
- Tolerable noise levels.
- Smart features
But how do you choose the best air purifiers for large rooms? Well, I have selected the top 10 large-room air purifiers here. Let’s start with a swift comparison.
Best Air Purifier for Large Rooms – Top 10
1. Activated Carbon Filter
2. HEPA filter
1560 Sq Ft
1. HEPA Filters 2. Nylon Pre-filter
3. Carbon Filter
1170 Sq Ft
1. True HEPA Air Filter
2. Charcoal Filter
743 Sq Ft
1. HEPA Air Filter
2. Activated Carbon Filters 3. Pre-Filter
990 Sq Ft
1. HEPA Air Filter
2. Activated Carbon Filters 3. Pre-Filter
600 Sq Ft
465 Sq Ft
1. True HEPA Filter
3. Deodorization filter
874 Sq Ft
1. Standard particle filter
2. Dual Protection
3. Replacement filter
775 Sq Ft
1. H13 HEPA filters
3. Carbon composite
1050 Sq Ft
1. Carbon Filter
2. Standard particle filter
3. Fabric pre-filter
540 Sq Ft
1. Coway Airmega 400
- A whopping large area coverage
- Five fan modes for different situations
- Energy Star certified, thus energy saving
- Tolerable noise, especially in sleep mode
- Timer available for 1, 2, 4, and 8 hours
- Auto indicator for filter replacement
- Aesthetic display and design
- Smart mode is not much effective.
Coway Airmega 400 is the best large room air purifier in the market today. It offers some real advantages in air filtering from allergens, viruses, airborne particles, and whatnot.
It is most suitable for a quick air cleaning of big places. You can easily improve the air quality of your office space and hall rooms with Coway Airmega.
Coway Airmega 400 Features
Let’s now have a quick glance at the most amazing features this air purifier offers.
- The purifier has an effective air purification system with its 3 filters.
- The HyperCaptive Filtration System filters particles of 0.01 microns and reduces allergens, dust mites, pollens, and even viruses like Covid.
- Coway Airmega 400 has five different fan modes to operate at different levels.
- The smart mode of this purifier provides auto air cleaning and auto-adjusting feature to match the fan speed with the surroundings.
- The HEPA filters to protect from fumes and smoke up to 99.99%.
Coway Airmega 400 Specification
Coway Airmega 400
Activated Carbon Filter, Green True HEPA filter, Pre-Filter
Smoke, Dust, Pollen-- 201-350
1560 sq ft
12.8 x 12.8x 29.2 inches
2. Levoit LV-H134
- Sleek and elegant design
- Optimal for asthma and allergy patients
- Ozone-free purification process
- Suitable air purifier for pet owners
- No UV-C light
- CARB and FCC certified
- High noise after years of use.
Let us meet our second-best large room air purifier-Levoit LV-H134. It has powerful smart sensors to improve your indoor air quality.
The most attractive fact about the Levoit air purifier is its aesthetic and stylish design. This air purifier can clean up to 2340 square feet in an hour and 1170 Square feet within 30 minutes.
Levoit LV-H134 Features
Let me tell you the salient features of this large room air purifier now.
- The True HEPA filter captures smoke, dust, air pollutants, pet dander, pollens, volatile organic compounds, and whatnot.
- LV-H134 does not use UV-C light and, therefore safe to use.
- The auto mode adjusts the fan speed and cleans all the air using a dust sensor.
- There is an air quality indicator to update you about the air condition.
- The sleep mode provides a low noise level and, thus, better sleep.
Levoit LV-H134 Specification
Take a look at the specification to get an overview.
HEPA Filters, Nylon Pre-filter, Carbon Filter
Smoke, Dust, Pollen--530
1170 sq ft
22 x 8.88 x 6.38 inches
User Manual, Air Purifier, Power Cord, True HEPA Filter
3. GermGuardian AC 4825
- Portable and lightweight
- Suitable for allergy and asthma patients
- Effective against virus and bacterial particles
- Inexpensive replacement filters
- One of the cheapest air purifiers
- Not suitable for extra large rooms
- Need to change the filter every six months.
GermGuardian AC 4825 is one of the best large-room air purifiers that can cover up to 743 square feet within an hour. It is an awesome device for allergy sufferers.
Air purifiers for large rooms usually come with a high price tag. But this purifier gives you a cost-effective bargain.
GermGuardian AC 4825 Features
Well, let’s now have a swift glance at the prominent features of GermGuardian.
- The True HEPA filter provides 99.97% dust, allergen-free, refreshed air.
- The UV-C light is ozone-free certified and helps reduce bacteria, molds, and even virus particles.
- Titanium Dioxide helps fight against volatile organic compounds, rhinovirus, influenza, etc.
- The charcoal filter gives protection from fumes, smoke, and bad odors.
- The quiet mode is available in this air purifier if you want a soundless operation.
GermGuardian AC 4825 Specification
What is the specification of GermGuardian AC 4825? Let’s see.
GermGuardian AC 4825
True HEPA Air Filter, Charcoal Filter, Pre-Filter
Smoke - 99, Dust - 118, Pollen - 125
743 sq ft
10.25 x 6.75 x 21.5 inches
Air Purifier, Filter
4. Levoit Core 400S
- Works with voice control and the VeSync app
- Auto mode for optimal performance
- Faster cleaning process
- Great for odor removal
- Optimal for pet owners
- The high noise level in normal mode.
Levoit Core 400S is another smart air purifier with extraordinary features and satisfactory area coverage. The core series from Levoit is certified by FCC and Energy Star. It has even won praise for its beautiful design.
This Levoit air purifier uses advanced HEPA filters with a good clean air delivery rate (CADR).
Levoit Core 400S Features
Now, let me show you some of the inherent features of this large room air purifier from Levoit.
- This air purifier has typical 3 layers of filtration with HEPA, Pre, and Carbon filters.
- The air quality sensor updates you about air quality through the PM2.5 display.
- You can schedule cleaning modes and fan speeds to refresh the air effectively.
- The noise level is tolerable unless you are running normal mode at midnight.
- This air purifier can clean 403 square feet within just 12 minutes.
Levoit Core 400S Specification
Take a brief look at the specification of this purifier.
Levoit Core 400S
HEPA Air Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Pre-Filter
Smoke, Dust, Pollen - 260
990 sq ft
Touch, Voice command, App
10.79x 10.7x 20.47 inches
User Guideline, Pre-installed filter, Purifier
5. VEVA Air Purifier
- Most effective against odor and smoke
- Optimal for bedroom and kitchen use
- Medical grade protection from microbes and bacteria
- Ozone-free, safe to use
- Super quiet performance
- Replacement filters are unavailable sometimes.
VEVA ProHEPA 9000 Premium is a medical-grade air purifier that can clean through a larger area.
This purifier offers a multi-stage filtration system for airborne contaminants, smaller dust, and tiny particles. With this purifier, breathing becomes more refreshing.
VEVA ProHEPA 9000 Features
But what are the salient features you get from VEVA? Let’s see.
- This medical-grade air purifier can filter bacteria, microbes, pollens, large particles, and micro-particles.
- It can filter through a large room of 600 square feet quickly.
- This powerful air purifier has a strong motor to draw pollutants from your surroundings.
- You can move the purifier easily for its lightweight design.
- The pre-filter is washable and permanent, so you can use it for a long time.
VEVA ProHEPA 9000 Specification
Have a glance at the specification of this VEVA Purifier.
VEVA ProHEPA 9000
HEPA Air Filter, Carbon Filter, Pre-Filter
Smoke, Dust, Pollen - 135
600 sq ft
8.3 x 12.6 x 20.6 inches
6. Honeywell HPA 300
- Most suitable for pollens and wildfire smoke
- Provide better indoor air quality
- Reduces VOCs and airborne pollutants
- Auto-off timer for 2,46,8 hours
- The Turbo clean option for the best performance
- Bulky and traditional design.
Another powerful air purifier down the line is Honeywell HPA 300. This is the best air purifier for capturing pollen and wildfire smoke. If you live near the forest, it can be a good option to get.
The area coverage of Honeywell 300 is decent at 465 square feet. It can easily filter the air from large rooms.
Honeywell HPA 300 Features
But does it offer any smart features? Let’s find out.
- Honeywell 300 has 3 stages of air cleaning to capture both small and large particles.
- The auto timer option gives you opportunities to schedule the cleaning time.
- This purifier is reliable because EPA and Energy Star have thoroughly scrutinized it.
- The activated carbon pre-filter is most suitable for removing bad odors from the air.
- Honeywell 300 is compatible with filters from other brands as well.
Honeywell HPA 300 Specification
Have a look at the specification of this purifier.
Honeywell HPA 300
Pre-Filter, Honeywell HEPA filter
Smoke-300, Dust-320, Pollen- 300
465 sq ft
20x 22.8x 10.8 inches
7. Coway Airmega AP-1512 HH
- Five modes of airflow control
- Auto-adjusting fan speed
- Sensor and display to show the air quality
- Enough large area coverage
- An innovative and different design
- Lack some smart features.
Again on my list, I bring another smart air purifier from Coway. This Coway AP-1512 has an innovative design and a Hyperactive system of filtration.
You can receive real-time air quality information from the colorful monitor on the top. It is one of the best air purifiers for large rooms for its advanced features.
Coway Airmega AP-1512 Features
Let’s have a swift glance at the features of Coway AP-1512.
- This Coway Airmega has an auto mode option for better output and less energy consumption.
- You can use its timer setting to auto off the machine after a certain period.
- The filter life can be anything between 6 months to one year.
- There is an alert for filter replacement based on how much air this purifier has filtered so far.
- It has three fan speeds, and you can set it high, medium, or low according to your necessity.
- You can auto start and auto off the fan with the auto-timing option.
Coway Airmega AP-1512 Specification
Take a brief look at the specification of Coway AP-1512.
Coway Airmega AP-1512
True HEPA Filter, Pre-Filter, Deodorization filter
Smoke-233 , Dust- 246, Pollen - 240
874 sq ft
9.6 x 16.8 x 18.3 inches
8. Blueair Classic 605
- Optimal for extra large room
- Remote control opportunity
- Suitable for asthma and allergen sufferers
- Energy efficient device
- Strong and hardy metal built
- Expensive product.
Blueair Classic 605 is a very large air purifier with a bulky design and HEPASilent technology. It can filter up to 775 square feet area within an hour.
This Blueair air purifier can remove any airborne particles, whether large or small. Though the size is heavy, it can improve air quality substantially.
Blueair Classic 605 Features
I like Blueair’s large-room air purifier for its smart features. Let’s see some of them.
- You can control the air purifier with voice control and the Blueair app.
- This purifier offers a remote setting-changing option if connected to Wi-Fi.
- The air quality sensor is intelligent and can adjust to the surrounding environment.
- HEPASilent technology can remove pet dander, virus, molds, and particles of 0.1 microns.
- The DualProtection air filters remove odors, smoke, and gaseous pollutants from the air.
- Manufacturers used galvanized steel to make it tougher and more durable.
Blueair Classic 605 Specification
You can take a look at the specification of Blueair 605 here.
Blueair Classic 605
Standard particle filter, DualProtection Replacement filter
Smoke -155, Dust-155, Pollen - 155
775 sq ft
26 x 20 x 13 inches
3 particle filters, Air Purifier, Documents
9. Medify MA-112
- Auto mode for energy-saving facility
- Sleek and stylish touch panel
- Suitable for filtering pet hair and wildfire smoke
- Four different fan speeds
- Indicator for filter replacement
- Costly replacement filters.
Medify MA-112 is one of the best large room air purifiers that can filter through a whopping 2500 square feet in 30 minutes and 1250 square feet in 15 minutes.
The clean air delivery rate is the highest in MA-112 among all the air purifiers I have selected. It can clean air from big particles like pet hair and smaller particles like 0.1 microns.
Medify MA-112 Features
Let’s now see what features Medify air purifier can offer.
- Medify MA-112 has used high-grade HEPA filters for capturing smaller airborne particles.
- The child lock option protects the air purifier from being disrupted by children and pets.
- You can also have an auto timer option for 1-8 hours of schedule filtering.
- The ozone-free Ionizer makes it safe to use.
- The pollution indicator display tells you when to start the purifier and when to off.
Medify MA-112 Specification
Let’s see the specification of Medify MA-112.
H13 HEPA filters, Pre-Filter, Carbon composite
Smoke, Dust, Pollen- 950
1050 sq ft
16 x 28 x 15 inches
10. Blueair Blue Pure 211+
- Compact and powerful design
- Best for saving power
- Complete control with a single click
- Suitable for odor and smoke removal
- Ultra quiet sleeping mode
- Not suitable for pet owners.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ is one of the best large-room air purifiers in the market today. It offers real-time filtration with HEPASilent technology.
This Blue Pure 211+ can filter 540 square feet within 12.5 minutes. Among large air purifiers, it can give you better air changes at lower energy consumption.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Features
Take a look at theBut what are the features you get from this purifier? Let’s dive in.
- Blue Pure 211+ is a top-rated air purifier for the lowest noise.
- It has three layers of filtration settings that eliminate allergens, pollens, and light odors.
- The pre-filter extends the main filter life expectancy by capturing larger particles.
- There is a filter replacement indicator to notify you about changing the filters.
- You can upgrade the filter to Smokeblock Filtes for wildfire season and toxic environments.
- Blueair Blue Pure offers five different colorful pre-filter fabrics for an impressive look.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Specification
Have a glance at the specification of this purifier.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+
Carbon Filters, Standard particle filter, Fabric pre-filter
Smoke - 353, Dust - 347, Pollen -380
540 sq ft
13 x 13 x 20 inches
User Manual, Air Purifier
How Did I Determine the Best Air Purifier?
It was a tough choice to determine the best air purifiers. I have considered the following factors for listing the top ten air purifiers for large rooms.
- As these purifiers are for large rooms, I have preferred large area coverage first.
- Next, I have chosen purifiers with high airflow rates and CADR ratings.
- I have selected less noisy and lightweight purifiers.
- Then, I preferred HEPA filters for maximum output.
- I have taken into account smart features like voice control and app connectivity.
- At last, I have considered the price, warranty, and customer support.
Thus, I have prepared a list of the best air purifiers.
How to Choose the Best Large-Room Air Purifier?
It isn’t an easy-peasy task to choose the best air purifier from the hundreds of products. However, you can consider the following factors while choosing an air purifier.
- How Much Area It Covers
Coverage is the most important factor for cleaning bigger spaces. Large room air purifiers should at least cover a 500 sq ft area. You should measure your room space and check the air purifier’s capacity for maximum cleaning.
- What Size It Is
The size and weight of an air purifier are important to know. Bigger-sized purifiers are usually powerful and bulky. But if you want to move and clean one room to another, a lightweight and small air purifier is better.
- How Much Noise It Produces
Noise level is another factor to consider. Try air purifiers with less than 50 dB sounds. Sleep mode is a must-needed feature to have undisturbed sleep.
- What Filtration It Uses to Increase Air Quality
We know three layers of filtration works best in air purifiers. The pre-filters are best for catching large particles. The carbon filters are suitable for odor and smoke removal. And the True HEPA filters remove allergens, bacterial agents, and viruses from the air. Look for a combination of these three in your purifier.
- What CADR Rating It Has
Clean Air Delivery Rate or CADR measures how much pollen, dust, and smoke an air purifier can filter. We measure the rate according to 4.8ACH (Air changes per hour). The CADR rating of 200-400 is the standard industry rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do air purifiers work in big rooms?
Yes, air purifiers can work in big rooms. But the purifier should have higher airflow and a powerful motor.
Is it better to have one large air purifier or several small ones?
It is better to have several small purifiers for complex-shaped or large rooms. And it is better to have one large purifier for a normal room.
Can an air purifier be too big for a room?
No, an air purifier cannot be too big for a room. But it is better to get a proportionate purifier for optimal performance.
Should you sleep next to an air purifier?
Yes, you should if the noise is tolerable. It is better to sleep next to an air purifier for better breathing, as suggested by AAFA.
Which air purifier is best for the home?
Coway Airmega is the best air purifier for the home. GermGuardian is also good.
So what properties the best air purifier for large rooms should have? It should have powerful filters, auto-mode and auto-timer, less noise, and some smart features.
Coway Airmega 400 is the best air purifier for large rooms, from my research. I recommend it because it can cover a large area, and it has a HyperCaptive Filtration System.
- The stylish Coway Airmega 400 has five different fan speeds that can auto-adjust with the air quality.
- For durable performance, I highly recommend this air purifier.
- The real advantage is its large area filtration at the quickest time possible. Check the latest price of Coway Airmega 400 right now!
Do you need any large room air purifiers? Which air purifier is optimal for you? Let us know in the comment below.
Danny is a passionate writer who loves to share his knowledge about air purifiers. He’s been writing for 10 years, and he’ll share all that experience with Very Well Home viewers to help you make the best decision when it’s time to buy an appliance!