The iRobot Roomba i6+ vs i7+ has sparked a heated debate among consumers. Both models are highly advanced and offer unique features. To help you make an informed decision, let’s take a closer look at the key differences between the i6+ and i7+ and consider which model is the best robot vacuum to suit your needs.
When comparing the iRobot Roomba i6+ vs i7+ it is difficult to pick a favorite as all the features of the two vacuums have a few differences, and have a lot of similarities:
- The iRobot Roomba i7+ has a bigger battery than the iRobot Roomba i6+ but takes a long time to recharge fully.
- Both vacuums are equipped with camera sensors that assist in mapping the house and can store up to 10 locations.
- Both models also offer the ability to map areas they are not supposed to clean with the help of digital virtual assistants.
- They all come with a self-emptying feature.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Which one comes at an additional cost? Keep reading to find out more about the Roomba i6+ vs i7+.
Comparison Chart of Roomba i6 vs i7
iROBOT Roomba i6+
iROBOT Roomba i7+
Automatic dirt disposal:
Washable Hepa Filter:
Mapping sensor type:
Multi Floor mops:
WIFI/ SmartPhone App:
Digital Blocked Areas:
Magnetic/Optical Virtual Walls:
Real Time tracking:
The iRobot Roomba i6+ Pros and Cons
The followings are the advantages and drawbacks of the iRobot Roomba i6+.
- You can set restricted zones and virtual walls using the iRobot app.
- Has vSLAM navigation which effectively covers your floors.
- Can form personalized cleaning schedules depending on the owner’s habits.
- Smart mapping system takes a long amount of time.
- Quite expensive compared to other options.
The iRobot Roomba i7+ Pros and Cons
The pros and cons of iRobot Roomba i7+ include the following.
- It comes with an extra side brush, an extra filter, and two extra bags.
- It can pick up dirt with greater efficiency.
- Large battery capacity.
- The iRobot home app occasionally fails to sync with other cleaners.
- Its brushes get tangled with long hair.
Key Benefits and Self-Emptying Features of the Plus (+) Models
You may wonder what the difference is between the Plus version and the standard version of the Roomba i6 and i7. So, any Roomba Plus vacuum cleaner comes with some additional features:
- They have an automatic dirt disposal highlight.
- The charging dock acts as a self-emptying station, it utilizing of the dust and debris collected by iRobot during cleaning.
- Eliminating the need for frequent manual emptying.
- The Plus models come with a longer battery life.
Advanced Imprint Smart Mapping Technology
With the advanced Imprint Smart Mapping technology, you can experience the ultimate in cleaning efficiency with the iRobot Roomba i7+ and i6+. Here are the key benefits:
- This technology allows the robot vacuums to distinguish and map out the different rooms in your home.
- This allows you to give the vacuum cleaner instructions on how to pick for certain areas, you will have more control over the cleaning process.
- The mapping feature saves time and effort, as the robot adjusts its cleaning routines based on your habits.
The iRobot Roomba i6+ Video Review
By allowing the Roomba i6+ to map your house, you can enjoy a more personalized cleaning experience. To learn more about this feature, you can watch the following video.
Keep Out Zones of the iRobot Roomba i6+ vs i7+
The Keep Out Zones feature is a standout feature of the iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+. This technology allows users to select specific areas where the Roomba vacuum will not go. Furthermore, this highlight offers several other benefits, including:
- Better efficiency: By avoiding areas that don’t need to be cleaned, the vacuum can focus on the areas that do, providing a more efficient and thorough clean.
- Improved safety: You can keep valuable or fragile items from being damaged or disturbed.
- Peace of mind: With the Keep Out Zone feature, you can relax knowing that your special spaces are protected.
Multi-stage Cleaning Process
The Roomba i6+ and i7+ differ from other robot vacuums due to their multi-stage cleaning process. This feature ensures that even the smallest dirt and debris are removed from your floors, leaving your home spotless. Here are the three stages of the multi-stage cleaning process:
- Agitation: In this first stage, the robot uses its brushes to loosen dirt and debris from the floor. By doing this, the iRobot Roomba vacuum ensures that all dirt is lifted from the floor’s surface and can be easily collected.
- Brushing: During the second stage, the robot’s brushes sweep the dirt and debris into the suction pathway. This process makes it easier for the vacuum to collect and dispose of the dirt and debris.
- Suction: Finally, in the third stage, the robot’s powerful motor pulls the dirt and debris into the dustbin. This ensures that all the dirt and debris collected during the previous stages are efficiently disposed of, leaving your floors sparkling clean.
iROBOT Roomba i6+
iROBOT Roomba i7+
Normal Cleaning Mode:
Manual Cleaning Mode:
Spot Cleaning Mode:
Carpet Cleaning and Other Surfaces
When comparing the cleaning capabilities of iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+, it’s clear that both vacuums are top performers:
- Both models effectively map your floors in neat rows and apply the right amount of suction power, depending on the nature of the surface and the amount of dirt present.
- They are equipped with multi-surface rubber brushes, which are highly effective at removing dust, human and pet hair, and other debris from all types of surfaces, including carpets, hard floors, and tiles.
- They have the ability to easily clean various floor surfaces.
Here is a list of some of the surfaces these best robot vacuums can clean:
iROBOT Roomba i6+
iROBOT Roomba i7+
Suction Power and Dustbin Capacity
Regarding the filtration system, these two robot vacuum models feature strong suction power, rated at 1800 Pa, ensuring superior cleaning performance.
The iRobot Roomba i6+ offers a larger dustbin capacity of 500ml, compared to the iRobot Roomba i7+ with 400ml. Both models also come equipped with the convenient Automatic Dirt Disposal technology, making it effortless to maintain a clean home.
Safe and Friendly for Pets
The iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+ are specifically tailored to meet the needs of pet owners in the following ways:
- The two robot vacuums come equipped with an extra side brush that effectively removes pet hair and dander from floors while maintaining the same superior dirt pickup as other models.
- The Dual Multi-Surface Brushes provide regular contact with carpets and hardwood floors, preventing hair tangling or clogging.
- Both vacuums are equipped with high-efficiency filters that boast a 99% efficiency rating for capturing dust and dander trapped in pet fur, leaving your home fresh and clean after cleaning.
Color Scheme of Roomba Robot Vacuums
While color might not be a major factor in the performance of a robot vacuum, it’s still an important aspect to consider when purchasing. The iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+ feature distinct color schemes.
The i6+ comes with a sleek grey top design, which can be a major difference for those who want a perfect robot vacuum to blend seamlessly with the design of their home. It’s a small detail, but it makes a big difference in the overall look of your home.
Battery Running and Charging Roomba i6+ and Roomba i7+
When it comes to charging and battery, the Roomba i6 and i7 compare in the following way:
- Runs for approximately 75 minutes on 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion battery.
- Takes 120 minutes to charge fully.
- Automatically returns to the charging dock if it is unable to complete a cleaning session on a single charge.
- Features include Auto shut off upon charge completion and Auto charge when the battery levels are low.
- Runs for approximately 90 minutes on a 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion battery.
- Takes 180 minutes to charge fully.
- It also automatically returns to the charging dock for recharge.
- It also has Auto shut-off and Auto charge features.
- Suitable for large houses, with the ability to clean/charge/resume.
The iRobot Roomba i7+ Video Review
For a comprehensive understanding of the Roomba i7+’s efficient performance over time, I suggest watching the video below. It shows a clear depiction of the robot’s capabilities.
Smart Robot Vacuum App-Integration Capabilities
The iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+ robot vacuums boast exceptional app-integration capabilities through the iRobot Home App in the following ways:
- The iRobot Home App app gives you full access to the robot vacuum cleaner through remote control, enabling you to start cleaning even when you are not at home.
- You have the freedom to schedule cleaning sessions or start them on demand with the convenience of your smartphone or voice assistant.
- The iRobot Home App offers several suggested cleaning routines that can help prevent dust buildup and keep your home tidy.
The iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+ offer the added convenience of voice control through the integration with Alexa and Google Assistant. This allows you to easily schedule cleaning sessions and control the robot vacuum remotely without requiring human intervention.
This feature makes it easy to maintain a clean home, even when you are away, or busy doing other things.
Roomba i6+ and Roomba i7+ Add-ons
When it comes to add-ons, the iRobot Roomba i7+ and i6+ compare in:
- Both vacuums offer the same specifications, hardware, and software.
- The i6+ does not include additional parts, such as an extra filter, making it a good choice for casual users who do not require frequent replacement of parts.
- The i7+ comes with additional spare filters, replacement brushes, and extra clean base bags, which may be useful for heavy users, such as those with pets that shed a lot.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does the Roomba i6+ tell you when the bag is full?
Yes, the iRobot Roomba i6+ has a full bin indicator that tells you when the bag is full and needs emptying.
Does the Roomba i6+ have a camera?
Yes, the iRobot Roomba i6+ has a top-mounted camera that helps the robot vacuum navigate around its surroundings as it satisfies your cleaning needs.
How long does the Roomba i6+ battery last?
The iRobot Roomba i6+ battery can last up to 75 minutes on a single charge.
The iRobot Roomba i6+ and i7+ are excellent choices for those looking to automate their cleaning processes. Both models are well-designed, efficient, and packed with features that make them worth the investment.
the i6+ is also a great option, especially for those looking for a more budget-friendly option. However, as a pet owner, I would recommend the iRobot Roomba i7+ as it comes with additional features specifically designed for homes with pets.
So which vacuum model best suits you? Leave a comment below, and kindly let me know which product you would like me to review next.
Danny is a passionate writer who loves to share his knowledge about air purifiers. He’s been writing for 10 years, and he’ll share all that experience with Very Well Home viewers to help you make the best decision when it’s time to buy an appliance!